Our client is looking for a Real Estate lawyer to assist with real estate finance transactions.
This role is primarily acting on behalf of lenders in Scottish and English transactions. English real estate experience is not a pre-requisite, but we would be looking for someone willing to learn and be involved in this area.
The candidate will have:
- Up to five years PQE in a real estate role
- Real estate transaction experience primarily dealing with sales (including missives, sale documentation, discharge documentation, searches, and completions) and leases (primarily lease reviews, but also agreements to lease, leases, variations, and renunciations).
- Real estate finance experience, carrying out title diligence and completing or reviewing Certificates of Title/Reports on Title and drafting security documents (including dealing with completions and registration requirements).
- Sound technical understanding of the law
- Good drafting and communication skills
- Demonstrate a commercial and common-sense approach to issues
- The ability to work to deadlines within a challenging environment, and to work as part of a team
- Self-motivation and be keen to be involved in marketing and business development
- The ability to actively support complex transactions, liaising and coordinating with fee earners from other relevant disciplines as needed